Testing Assignment & Email

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Let's see that the email works first.

Re: Testing Assignment & Email

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, that worked and said "You have been tagged to come see this post".

Now let's see if we can make it more visible.

Now I changed " <hr noshade="noshade" size="1" color="#cccccc" />"
to "<hr noshade="noshade" size="1" color="#FF0000" />"

Re: Testing Assignment & Email

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That just changed the line to red.

Do now I'm changing this " <div style="color:#666666" to this "<div style="color:#FF0000"

Administrator
Took the period out of "You have been tagged...."

Administrator
And it just took the period out with no other changes.  So I put a colon in where the period had been.

Administrator
And that put the colon in.  So I took the /br out.

Administrator
And that not only put the "You've been tagged..." and the "View message @" on the same line, it made all of it red.

Re: Testing Assignment & Email

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, I think this may work.  Should read "You've been tagged.  View message @ URL."

Re: Testing Assignment & Email

Test (Gary)
Hopefully I'm not subscribed to this, and I didn't tick the box to be alerted via email.  But I did swap the "subscribe'unsubscribe" logic in the save_alert_field macro so that I may be alerted.

Re: Testing Assignment & Email

Test (Gary)
Well, that's interesting.  It came up showing that I've ticked the box, although I didn't.  I'll post this and see what happens....

Re: Testing Assignment & Email

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Unassigning

Re: Testing Assignment & Email

Test (Gary)
Ok, this time the box isn't ticked when I open it up.

Re: Testing Assignment & Email

Test (Gary)
And, when I pull it up this time the box is ticked.  So I'll post and see what happens....

Re: Testing Assignment & Email

Test (Gary)
And this time the box isn't ticked when I pull it up.  But I'll tick it and see what happens.  However, I don't think I'm getting email.

I changed null_to_false to be "true".  Pretty sure that's not a good idea but lets see what it does:

Administrator
That seems to work as the box came up ticked both times.  But, maybe there's a better way as the use of that macro is used a whole bunch of times!

Administrator
When I pulled this up the Alert me box was ticked.  I unticked it and wonder if having posted with it ticked earlier if it stayed ticked.

Administrator
Yes, I think that was the case as this time it came up un-ticked.

Administrator
This time I ticked the box myself.  Let's see what shows up next time.

Re: Testing Assignment & Email

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, the box came up ticked this time automatically.
12